Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Sin, Faith, Duty (Luke 17)

While reading this passage, came to my mind that.. to be a follower of Jesus Christ and to believe in Him, it's a duty for me not to sin, watch myself, forgive sinners, and to have faith.
Wow, after these years being a Christian, with most of the time just asking for blessing and fulfillment of my desires, it's said in the Bible that it's actually my duty to have faith - as I'm a servant of Christ.
Thinking of that again... yes, it's hard to be a Christian, but I believe that Jesus Christ is Lord.
With God's mercy and grace, I shall be able to perform my duty ^^

Reading forward to verse 19. There's a (one of) gain from faith: "your faith has made you well".

Verse 37 (NIV): "Where, Lord?" they asked. He replied, "Where there is a dead body, there the vultures will gather."
I have limited vocabulary, so I searched the meaning of vulture = predator;big birds that eat meat. I believe that God gave the understanding that if we're dead as in spiritual death, we become preys; easy target for Satan to take us away from God.

Thank you, Lord, for these days that You allow me to know you more and more - to have personal experiences with You. I know that it's not because of my effort, but just Your grace. as I have tried to be close to You with my strength, but I could not reach You. I will honor this moment when Your grace is on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment